Do I Need a New Air Conditioner Unit?
Here are five reasons why you might.
If your air conditioning unit is more than 10 years old, you should consider the benefits of replacing it. If your ac unit is broken, once the repair costs approach 50% of what it would cost to replace it, replacement is your best option. In either circumstance, a new ac unit offers a number of benefits.
1. New ac units are energy efficient which will significantly lower your utility bills. In a hot desert climate like Phoenix, these savings add up quickly and it’s likely that your new ac unity will pay for itself much quicker than you might expect.
2. A new air conditioner should only require routine annual maintenance visits for the first several years of its life, which saves you money in continual repair costs.
3. New ac units are better for the environment. The less energy your unity consumes to keep your indoor temperatures comfortable, the less fossil fuels are required to do the job. This is good for the environment and the future of our planet.
4. If your air conditioner was manufactured prior to 2010, there is a good chance it requires R-22 refrigerant. R-22, also known an Freon, contains chlorofluorocarbons that emit toxic, ozone-depleting chlorine. The Environmental Protection Agency has placed stringent production restrictions on companies that manufacture R-22 Freon. If your older unit requires R-22 Freon, your maintenance costs will begin to increase drastically as R-22 supplies dwindle.
5. Newer air conditioners, combined with efficient duct design, are able to control your interior temperatures more precisely, often on a room-to-room basis. A new air conditioner can make your whole house more comfortable and improve your indoor air quality.
Please contact us at Wolff Mechanical, Inc. to discuss your air conditioning replacement. Our NATE-certified technicians provide full service HVAC service to central and northern Arizona.