Wolff Mechanical is available to help with all your Scottsdale air conditioning repair services. Fall has officially arrived this year and Arizona air conditioners are starting to turn off as temperatures begin to lower. Since your air conditioner was on non-stop for the past few months it might be wise to take a step outside your home to clean the ac unit. This is a great time to change the filter as well to rid it of debris. Today we would like to provide the steps needed to clean your air conditioning unit after the summer blow out.
- Make sure the unit is turned off either at the on/off switch or by shutting off the circuit breaker.
- Check the small copper pipe connecting the unit to the house. If it feels hot, the unit’s coils are most likely dirty and need to be washed.
- Rake any leaves and debris away from the unit before you start to service an air conditioner.
- Take the cover off the unit, and locate the air conditioner coils (they look like a car radiator).
- Use a soft brush to brush any dirt and debris off the outside cover.
- Cover the motor and wiring with a plastic sheet.
- Hose down the fins, coils and inside of the unit.
- Check your owner’s manual. Some air conditioner units require the motor be lubricated. Do this now while your unit is open.
- Replace the unit cover, and turn it on to make sure it runs properly.
To read the full article click here: 3 Ways to Service an Air Conditioner