Your breathing is dependent on the quality of the air in your home. Things like bacteria, viruses, mold, dust and more can lead to illness, discomfort or other health issues, especially for those with allergies. If you have pets or smoke, you likely have even more of these contaminants than most houses do.
There are a few different ways you can clean the air, one of which is to use an electronic air cleaner. These cleaners have a filter in it that will trap and remove the unwanted particles that affect your health. They are highly effective and offer the following benefits:
- Highly efficient: Most air cleaners can remove at least 95 percent of the contaminants in your air, some even up to 99 percent. Your furnace filter on the other hand removes about 10 percent.
- Can save you money: When particles make it through your HVAC system’s air filter, they can cover your coils and lower the system’s efficiency. Electronic air cleaners take the particles out before they have a chance to enter your system.
- Maintenance is easy: Most cleaners only need the filter to be washed once a month. You can use simple water and soap to do it in just a few minutes.
- They last a long time: Electronic air cleaners are fairly simple and robust machines. As long as you regularly clean it, it can last up to decades, making it a cost-effective solution to your air quality problems.
- Can catch dust: A cleaner can save you time vacuuming and dusting your home because it can extract dust from the air.
- Higher air quality: Most importantly of all, an electronic air cleaner will improve the quality of your home’s air. If you have allergies, you can expect reduced symptoms, sometimes even elimination.
To learn about your electronic cleaning options for your Scottsdale home, contact the HVAC experts at Wolff Mechanical.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Phoenix Valley area of Arizona about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock