Finding a reliable HVAC contractor in Central Arizona sounds tricky, but it’s really not as difficult as you might think. It is, however, a very important investment of your time and energy, especially considering the importance of heating and cooling in the valley. To make your search painless, we’ve compiled 10 quick tips:
- Enlist the help of your friends — If anyone you know uses a reputable contractor, your search could very well be over before it begins.
- Check for licensing — Contractors are governed by licensing, bonding, and insurance requirements in their area. If you’re concerned, ask to see documentation.
- Get it touch with references — Obtain a list of references from the contractor and ask each one for their personal experience in regards to professionalism, work quality, timeliness, etc.
- Check for discounts — Depending on the season, certain services might be discounted, especially for new clients.
- Look at online reviews — Yelp has made online reviews fashionable and we now have other choices like Google Places, Angie’s List, Judy’s Place, etc.
- Ask about Energy Star — A contractor should care about your home’s efficiency. One way for them to prove this is the insistence of using Energy Star-certified products to save energy and money.
- Limit yourself to NATE certification — If the technicians haven’t been certified by NATE (North American Technician Excellence), don’t pay any attention to them.
- Expect an evaluation — A professional contractor should want to visit your home right away to ascertain your energy situation and possible needs.
- Accept multiple bids — If you have a big project coming up, it’s always good to accept multiple bids, then choose who’s the best. Just don’t get completely caught up on price. That’s only one factor you should be evaluating.
- Get everything in writing — Before any work begins, every detail of the job should be in writing to avoid future complication.
For more expert advice on finding a reliable HVAC contractor or any other home comfort issues, contact the friendly professionals at Wolff Mechanical. We’ve been serving the needs of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, and the rest of the valley for over 22 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Phoenix Valley area of Arizona about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock