Having a professional HVAC maintenance check is one of the best things you can have done for your peace of mind. You will know positively that both your heating and cooling will be good to go next time you need it, whether it is for summer cooling or the winter heating. This is a comprehensive procedure that involves checking for problems and doing basic upkeep on every maintenance procedure. For example, the basics of every HVAC maintenance check includes:
- Checking the thermostat settings.
- Tightening all electrical connections.
- Lubricating all moving parts, including motor bearings – the ones that are not sealed.
- Evaluating the entire system controls.
- Making sure that the condensate drain is draining properly.
- Cleaning your air conditioner evaporator coils and condenser coils.
- Checking the refrigerant level and bring the refrigerant level up to the correct pressure if needed.
- Adjusting and clean all blowers as needed.
- Checking all fuel line connections for leaks and if there are any major repairs needed, the technician will inform you of the situation before any service work is done.
Of course there are some things that you can do yourself, like changing the air filter monthly, checking ductwork for leakage and making sure that nothing, including fencing, plants and/or trash impedes the airflow to your central air condenser unit.
But for no muss and no fuss hassles when it comes to your furnace or your central air, an HVAC maintenance check is always the way to go, every time.
When you want advice about what an HVAC maintenance check can do for you, contact the experts at Wolff Mechanical Inc. We have been serving the Phoenix, Arizona, valley of the sun area for over 22 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Phoenix Valley area of Arizona about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock