If you haven’t had your HVAC system tuned up yet this year, you should schedule a service call now. Cooling season will be here before you know it, and keeping that Central Arizona heat at bay is sure to have your system working hard all day, every day.
So why is an HVAC tune-up so important? Comfort, of course, is the main reason, but preventive maintenance is also good for your budget, since running a poorly maintained system is expensive. In fact, according to some estimates, a neglected system can cost you up to 50 percent more to run than one that has had proper care.
Seasonal service is about preventing problems, such as breakdowns on a sweltering summer day, inflated energy bills due to declining efficiency, or the unnecessary expense of replacing equipment that has failed prematurely. Among the tasks you can expect your technician to complete during a HVAC tune-up:
- Testing of system functions and safety controls.
- Inspection and maintenance of electrical connections and components.
- Inspection, lubrication and maintenance of pumps.
- Cleaning and maintenance of motors.
- Inspection, cleaning and balancing of blowers.
- Checking for proper airflow and air filter maintenance.
- Inspection of coils and condensate pans, lines and traps, and cleaning as necessary.
- Testing of refrigerant levels and, if low, locating and repairing any leaks.
Given the benefits of an HVAC tune-up in both home comfort and financial terms, it just doesn’t make sense to skip seasonal service. If you, like most people today, are always on the go and tend to let details like HVAC maintenance fall through the cracks, a maintenance agreement might be a smart investment for you. A service agreement places the management of your maintenance schedule in the hands of your HVAC contractor – a surefire method of making sure it’s done regularly.
For more information about why having an HVAC tune-up before the start of the cooling season is important or any other home comfort concerns you may have, please contact us at Wolff Mechanical. We’ve been serving customers throughout Central Arizona, including Phoenix and Scottsdale, for more than 22 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Phoenix Valley area of Arizona about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock