Routine professional maintenance is the key to an efficient cooling system. Unfortunately, many homeowners neglect such maintenance, instead electing to wait until the entire system shuts down before calling in a professional. If you’re one of those people, you may be worried that your air conditioning system won’t last the summer. Luckily, it’s not too late to schedule preventive maintenance.
Preventive maintenance is more than a simple once-over of your air conditioner. It is a thorough system evaluation by an expert HVAC technician who knows what to look for and what to adjust to ensure that your system runs efficiently throughout the cooling season. Here’s what you should expect from a preventive maintenance checkup:
- System controls should be tested to ensure the safe operation of your air conditioning system.
- Thermostats should be deemed system-appropriate and accurate.
- Proper system cycling should be determined to ensure energy efficiency.
- Electronics should be tightened to keep your system operating safely.
- Lubrication should be added to moving parts to prevent energy-draining friction.
- Debris should be cleared from evaporator and condenser coils to prevent damage and maintain system efficiency.
- Blockages should be removed from condensate drains to prevent water damage in your home.
- Adjustments should be made to refrigerant levels to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Adjustments should be made to air blowers to maximize airflow throughout the home.
Your HVAC technician will also replace your system’s air filters, but this is actually something you can learn to do on your own. In fact, by inspecting your air filters on a monthly basis and cleaning and replacing them as needed, you can prevent damage and improve the efficiency of your air conditioning system. This extends the life of your system and saves you money over the long-term in terms of energy costs and repair.
Routine professional maintenance can improve system efficiency, prevent system damage and reduce annual energy costs by up to 30 percent. What’s more, it ensures that your family has a safe summer refuge from the hot Phoenix, Arizona, sun. If you’d like more information on the benefits of preventive maintenance for your air conditioning system, contact Wolff Mechanical, Inc. today for expert consultation.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Wolff Mechanical services the Phoenix Valley area in Arizona. To get started, check out our website.