The key to selecting a professional, qualified HVAC contractor is asking the right questions. That way, you can find out if he has experience with the type of work you need done, and if he has the tools to get the job done properly. The right contractor will also know of potential problems that could occur and be prepared to solve them.
Here are some of the key questions you should ask:
- What type of work do you specialize in? Just because someone knows about a particular type of work doesn’t mean it’s a specialty.
- How long you have been in the HVAC business?
- Have you performed this type of job before?
- What licenses do you hold?
- Will you complete the job, or will you subcontract the work out?
- When would the job begin and end?
- Do you carry workers’ compensation insurance and liability insurance?
- What kind of warranty do you offer? What exactly does it cover? How long does it last?
- Will you clean up after the job is done?
- Do you provide a written contract?
- Will you take care of all permits?
A qualified, experienced HVAC contractor will have no problem answering your questions and providing you with any necessary documentation.
If you need expert HVAC service, contact the friendly pros at Wolff Mechanical. We’ve been serving the Phoenix Valley since 1990.