If you are thinking of purchasing a tankless water heater, or if you just had one installed, then you already know that your tankless water heater works a little differently than a conventional water heater.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
- Tankless water heaters are mounted on the wall and take up less space.They do not have a water storage tank that continues to warm the water when not in use like traditional water heaters.
- The water runs through high powered burners in a heat exchanger. This is important, because energy isn’t being wasted on heating water that’s not being used. The tankless system can save the average family up to 60 percent on their energy costs.
- They can be powered by natural gas, propane or electricity, and the gas models are approximately 22 percent more efficient than the gas water heater with the conventional storage tank.
While tankless water heaters have been proven to save the owner money over the course of the year, there are a a few things to consider:
- Cost of installation can be high. Especially if the you have to upgrade your electrical system or install a new ventilation system or electric outlets.
- Tankless water heaters do not deliver hot water instantly. the water is heated only as needed and the hot water can come intermittently.
The bottom line? When contemplating something new, it is wise to call a respected service professional such as the certified technicians at Wolff Mechanical, who have been serving the Phoenix and Scottsdale area since 1990. They can help you to make a well informed decision.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Phoenix Valley area of Arizona about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Mile Atanasov/Shutterstock”